Film Submission for 36 FILMFEST DRESDEN 2024
The next Call for Entry for the 36 FILMFEST DRESDEN starts on 1 September 2023!
Submission conditions for FILMFEST DRESDEN
- Eligible for submission are short films up to 30 minutes running time (incl. credits) - exception: Central German Competition.
- FILMFEST DRESDEN is not a premiere festival, therefore a film premiere is not necessary.
- For the National and International Competition, only short fiction and animation films (incl. hybrid forms such as AnimaDoc, experimental or documentary fiction) produced after 31 December 2021 will be considered.
- For the International Competition: all production countries except Germany, German co-productions are accepted
- For the National Competition: production country Germany, German co-productions are accepted
- For the Central German Competition, animation, short fiction, experimental and documentary films with a connection to the federal states of Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and/or Thuringia (e.g. production location, content or biography of the filmmaker) are eligible.
- Running time max. 40 minutes (including credits). Note: please contact email@example.com if the film to be submitted is over 30 minutes long. The submission platform Shortfilmdepot accepts films up to 30 minutes.
- For the Special Programmes (e.g. Kids, Youth, Open Air) documentaries and experimental films can also be submitted.
- The preview copy must come with English subtitles, if the original language is not English.
- Please do not send any additional materials like posters or postcards along with your submission.
Please note: We only accept 35mm or DCP copies for festival screenings!
If you have any difficulties with the application or any further questions, you can contact us by phone at +49-351-82947.14 or by email at entry[at]filmfest-dresden.de.
How do we select the films for our programmes?
Who selects the films for our competitions and our special programmes? And who awards the winners of the Golden Horsemen and the special prizes? Learn more here.