Festival programme 2021
The 33 FILMFEST DRESDEN takes place from 13 to 18 July 2021. Find the complete programme here.
- International Competition 1
- International Competition 2
- International Competition 3
- International Competition 4
- International Competition 5
- International Competition 6
- National Competition 1
- National Competition 2
- National Competition 3
- National Competition 4
- National Competition 5
- Regional Competition: Regional Film Night
- Move to Change! Focus Activism 1: We Insist!
- Move to Change! Focus Activism 2: (Dis-)Identity Politics
- Move to Change! Focus Activism 3: #saytheirnames: Migrant Self-Empowerment in Almanya (Germany)
- Tribute: Mati Diop – No Homeland in the Homeland
- Discourse Europe: Focus United Kingdom 1: When the Only Place to Go Is In
- Discourse Europe: Focus United Kingdom 2: We Care to Live in Hope
- Retrospective: Female Directors in East Germany (GDR) (Part 2) 1 – Visions
- Retrospective: Female Directors in East Germany (GDR) (Part 2) 2 – The Sounds of the Revolution
- Animated: Homage to Sieglinde Hamacher
- Focus Québec: Toute Est dans Toute
- Open Film Night: Meet the Talents!
- Anton Ginzburg: Displacements
- Pop Up_Photofilm Flyer
- Seriously! WTF?: Fuck It!
- Regional Focus: Here and There. Private Views in Films from 1952 to 1977 from Saxony and Baden-Wuerttemberg
- Sounds: Nominees for the Golden Horseman Sound Design
- Gender Diversity: Nominees for the LUCA GenderDiversity Film Award
- “fully political”: Nominees for the Short Film Award of the Saxon State Centre for Political Education
- Short Tiger Next Generation
- Kids 1: Singular-Small
- Kids 2: Fabulous
- Kids 3: Over the Course of Time
- Kids Special: Paint Along, Repaint, Paint Better
- Youth 1: Differing yet Connected
- Youth 2: In (E)motion
- Open Air Shorts 01: Work Life (Im)Balance
- Open Air Shorts 02: Apocalypse, Baby!
- Open Air Shorts 03: In the Family
- Open Air Shorts 04: Habitats
- Open Air Shorts 05: Because It Matters
- Open Air Shorts 06: Homegrown Alien
- Open Air Shorts 07: Human Commodity
- Open Air Shorts 08: For Body and Soul
- Open Air Shorts 09: Art? ART!
- Open Air Shorts 10: Metropolis
- Open Air Shorts 11: City Play
- Open Air Shorts 12: Regional Stories
- Open Air Shorts 13: Our Choices, Our Voices
- Open Air Shorts 14: BodyShapes
- Open Air Shorts 15: Self-Discovery
- Open Air Shorts 16: Powers of Nature
- Open Air Shorts 17: Utopian Idyll
- Open Air Shorts 18: Power-Sex-Desire?
- Open Air Shorts 19: Tamed by Humans
- Open Air Shorts 20: EFA Nominees 1
- Open Air Shorts 21: EFA Nominees 2
- Open Air Shorts 22: EFA Nominees 3
- Open Air Shorts 23: EFA Nominees 4
- Open Air Shorts 24: NC Open Air 1: Bird’s Eye Perspective
- Open Air Shorts 25: NC Open Air 2: The World Ends Today
- Open Air Shorts 26: Critic's Finest: Love, Actually
- Open Air Shorts 27: PanorAir 1
- Open Air Shorts 28: PanorAir 2
- Open Air Shorts 29: Music Videos
- Open Air Shorts 30: Music Videos
- Family Shorts 01: Growing Up
- Family Shorts 02: Lifestories
- Family Shorts 03: Once Upon a Time...
- Family Shorts 04: Journey into the Unknown
- Family Shorts 05: Animal Kingdom
- Award Winners 1
- Award Winners 2
- Award Winners 3
- Short Film Night
- MDR Dok Creative Neustart? Neustart!
- Official Opening of the 33. FILMFEST DRESDEN
- Sandwich Talks National - Meet the filmmakers
- Sandwich Talks International - Meet the filmmakers
- Presentation: How to festival?
- Tour and short film programme: Resistance in current events
- Presentation of the Fair Festival Award: What's the point of festival work?
- What's the point of festival work?
- Discussion: Curating as a political act
- Presentation: Video essays in the Black Lives Matter movement
- Exhibition Opening "Non-Conform"
- On the road-Bicycle tour to the exhibition opening
- Rummage in the archive
- Workshop discussion with Mischa Leinkauf
- Golden Horsemen Awards Ceremony
Open Air Shorts 26: Critic's Finest: Love, Actually
A moving tale of a daughter, an absent father, and the ties we share that surpass time or logic.Animation
Santeri (13) looks on as older guys are driving their motor bikes and wants to be part of their world. He combs his hair and goes to meet his friend Anna (13). At Anna’s home childhood’s anarchy meets puberty.Fiction
In the outskirts of Lima, a young prostitute tends to his father, a fallen-from-grace artisan. However, he feels that his efforts are never enough. The young man tries to break free but his dependence is stronger.Fiction
Edmond’s impulse to love and be close to others is strong – too strong maybe. As he stands alone by a lake contemplating his options, he goes on a journey backwards through the defining moments of his life, searching for the origin of his desires.Animation
Rachel returns home for the funeral of her estranged mother.Fiction
The end of the 70s in West Berlin. A rebellious city in times of change. Prudish parents and the threat of Paragraph 175. Stefanie and Katja live in this time, but they are different from the rest. They find each other despite pressure from parents and society. The desire to break out and simply be free only strengthens their love. But when things get serious, the two only receive support from one person.Fiction
Vicky, who is behind bars at a Berlin correctional facility, tries to end her relationship with her long-time boyfriend Wolf. Clearly upset, officers have to drag Wolf away by the collar. Out on the street, Wolf sees only one chance to save his love... Fiction