Festival programme 2021
The 33 FILMFEST DRESDEN takes place from 13 to 18 July 2021. Find the complete programme here.
- International Competition 1
- International Competition 2
- International Competition 3
- International Competition 4
- International Competition 5
- International Competition 6
- National Competition 1
- National Competition 2
- National Competition 3
- National Competition 4
- National Competition 5
- Regional Competition: Regional Film Night
- Move to Change! Focus Activism 1: We Insist!
- Move to Change! Focus Activism 2: (Dis-)Identity Politics
- Move to Change! Focus Activism 3: #saytheirnames: Migrant Self-Empowerment in Almanya (Germany)
- Tribute: Mati Diop – No Homeland in the Homeland
- Discourse Europe: Focus United Kingdom 1: When the Only Place to Go Is In
- Discourse Europe: Focus United Kingdom 2: We Care to Live in Hope
- Retrospective: Female Directors in East Germany (GDR) (Part 2) 1 – Visions
- Retrospective: Female Directors in East Germany (GDR) (Part 2) 2 – The Sounds of the Revolution
- Animated: Homage to Sieglinde Hamacher
- Focus Québec: Toute Est dans Toute
- Open Film Night: Meet the Talents!
- Anton Ginzburg: Displacements
- Pop Up_Photofilm Flyer
- Seriously! WTF?: Fuck It!
- Regional Focus: Here and There. Private Views in Films from 1952 to 1977 from Saxony and Baden-Wuerttemberg
- Sounds: Nominees for the Golden Horseman Sound Design
- Gender Diversity: Nominees for the LUCA GenderDiversity Film Award
- “fully political”: Nominees for the Short Film Award of the Saxon State Centre for Political Education
- Short Tiger Next Generation
- Kids 1: Singular-Small
- Kids 2: Fabulous
- Kids 3: Over the Course of Time
- Kids Special: Paint Along, Repaint, Paint Better
- Youth 1: Differing yet Connected
- Youth 2: In (E)motion
- Open Air Shorts 01: Work Life (Im)Balance
- Open Air Shorts 02: Apocalypse, Baby!
- Open Air Shorts 03: In the Family
- Open Air Shorts 04: Habitats
- Open Air Shorts 05: Because It Matters
- Open Air Shorts 06: Homegrown Alien
- Open Air Shorts 07: Human Commodity
- Open Air Shorts 08: For Body and Soul
- Open Air Shorts 09: Art? ART!
- Open Air Shorts 10: Metropolis
- Open Air Shorts 11: City Play
- Open Air Shorts 12: Regional Stories
- Open Air Shorts 13: Our Choices, Our Voices
- Open Air Shorts 14: BodyShapes
- Open Air Shorts 15: Self-Discovery
- Open Air Shorts 16: Powers of Nature
- Open Air Shorts 17: Utopian Idyll
- Open Air Shorts 18: Power-Sex-Desire?
- Open Air Shorts 19: Tamed by Humans
- Open Air Shorts 20: EFA Nominees 1
- Open Air Shorts 21: EFA Nominees 2
- Open Air Shorts 22: EFA Nominees 3
- Open Air Shorts 23: EFA Nominees 4
- Open Air Shorts 24: NC Open Air 1: Bird’s Eye Perspective
- Open Air Shorts 25: NC Open Air 2: The World Ends Today
- Open Air Shorts 26: Critic's Finest: Love, Actually
- Open Air Shorts 27: PanorAir 1
- Open Air Shorts 28: PanorAir 2
- Open Air Shorts 29: Music Videos
- Open Air Shorts 30: Music Videos
- Family Shorts 01: Growing Up
- Family Shorts 02: Lifestories
- Family Shorts 03: Once Upon a Time...
- Family Shorts 04: Journey into the Unknown
- Family Shorts 05: Animal Kingdom
- Award Winners 1
- Award Winners 2
- Award Winners 3
- Short Film Night
- MDR Dok Creative Neustart? Neustart!
- Official Opening of the 33. FILMFEST DRESDEN
- Sandwich Talks National - Meet the filmmakers
- Sandwich Talks International - Meet the filmmakers
- Presentation: How to festival?
- Tour and short film programme: Resistance in current events
- Presentation of the Fair Festival Award: What's the point of festival work?
- What's the point of festival work?
- Discussion: Curating as a political act
- Presentation: Video essays in the Black Lives Matter movement
- Exhibition Opening "Non-Conform"
- On the road-Bicycle tour to the exhibition opening
- Rummage in the archive
- Workshop discussion with Mischa Leinkauf
- Golden Horsemen Awards Ceremony
Regional Focus: Here and There. Private Views in Films from 1952 to 1977 from Saxony and Baden-Wuerttemberg
The state programme "Saving the Audiovisual Heritage in Saxony" and the state film collection of Baden-Wuerttemberg are developing a highly exciting dialogue about recent German-German history. From the post-war years to the time of the Cold War, documentary, poetic and tongue-in-cheek amateur films trace how "here and there" grow apart and yet maintain private ties. A story about the first "good coffee", disreputable cellar bars and everyday life in close-up.
OV / Without dialogue
In cooperation with the Saxon State Library - Dresden State and University Library, the BW State Film Collection and the Saxon Film Association.
Animated: Homage to Sieglinde Hamacher
Sieglinde Hamacher was a virtuoso and experimental animation artist. During her time at the DEFA Trickfilm studio, she created wonderful philosophical film parables that - because they were always coupled with criticism and a pinch of black humor - regularly caused displeasure among the GDR authorities. After the upheavals during and after the fall of communism, she helped shape Saxony's film landscape. In December 2020, Sieglinde Hamacher passed away at the age of 84. FILMFEST DRESDEN says goodbye to a good friend and companion with a very personal tribute.
OV / without dialogue
In Cooperation with Deutsches Institut für Animationsfilm (DIAF)
Kids 1: Singular-Small
In order to achieve great things, the little heroes of our programme need courage and a bit of overcoming. Because it is only with intrepidity and creativity that foreign environments are explored, new worlds discovered and friendships made. A sense of adventure and the
and the support of others are particularly important. See for yourself!
Recommended for children from 5 to 8 years.
OV German/without dialogue
With kind support of the Sächsische Landesanstalt für privaten Rundfunk und neue Medien (SLM)
Award Winners 3
After the juries awarded the "Golden Horsemen" to the lucky winners of the 33 FILMFEST DRESDEN on the previous evening, all award-winning films will be shown on the big screen once again on Sunday! The last chance for all short film enthusiasts to marvel at the cinematic highlights of the festival.
OV with German and English subtitles
[tw: physical violence, sexualised violence]