Film Submission for 31 FILMFEST DRESDEN 2019
The next Call for Entry for the 31 FILMFEST DRESDEN runs from 1 September till 1 December 2018! Please find our detailed regulations and information about the awards 2019 here.
- Eligible for submission are short films up to 30 minutes running time.
- For the National and International Competition only short fiction films and animation films produced after 31 December 2016 are considered.
- For the special programmes (e.g. Panorama, Kids, Youth, Experiments, Regional Focus) documentaries and experimental films can also be submitted.
- The preview copy must come with English subtitles, if the original language is not English.
- Please do not send any additional materials like posters or postcards along with your submission.
Please note: We only accept 35mm or DCP copies for festival screenings!
How do I submit a film?
Films can be submitted via the online submission platform FilmFestivalLife.
'We encourage committed filmmakers to submit via FilmFestivalLife. With monthly subscriptions and pro accounts FilmFestivalLife is the smartest way to save money with a strategic approach. Join the platform where award-winning filmmakers and quality festivals meet.'
1. Register: If you are not a user of FilmFestivalLife, register and fill out the film package. Upload your film!
2. Submit: Search for FILMFEST DRESDEN and submit your film. No film submission fees are charged. However, FilmFestivalLife charges a service fee of 2.99 € for each film upload.
How do we select the films for our programmes?
Who selects the films for our competitions and our special programmes? And who awards the winners of the Golden Horsemen and the special prizes? Learn more here.
If you have any difficulties with the application or any further questions, you can contact us by phone at +49-351-82947.14 or by email at entry[at]filmfest-dresden.de.